Wednesday 15 January 2014

OUGD601 // Dissertation // Practical // Paper stock

Within my dissertation I have spoke how the use of stock within a publication can create a better product and create a better experience for the user of the product. In order to do this, I have used GFSmith stock in various weights and colours.

As the website is for myself, I have used my own branding throughout it. To show the translation of digital to print, I have therefore used stock colours that are of my own branding. These include Mandarin, Pale Grey and Mist ( off white ).

Along with using stock colours I have also decided on uses different weights of stock. This is to replicate the idea of how the pages of the website are within a hierarchy. With the website the main pages are the home page and project pages, these are the ones which I believe will be viewed the most, because of the content of these. But along with these the about and contact page are pretty important too, so I have decided that these pages should be a stock a heavier stock weight and have chosen 175gsm. The pale grey will be used within the publication for the pages that include content, but the content that isnt as important e.g. contents, introduction etc. These will again be in 175gsm. The final stock Mist will be used for the navigation pages. These pages replicate the idea of the navigation within a website, by using the aesthetics of 'buttons' this communicates the idea of a website throughout the printed publication.

Mandarin Stock


Pale Grey Stock


Mist Stock

All Stock




No comments:

Post a Comment